The Innovation Playbook: Designing Stories for Impact
Studies show that we are wired to remember stories much more than data, facts and figures. Stories galvanize. They fuel stakeholder buy-in by painting a clear picture of what is and what could be for everyone - from employees to investors to customers. Further, when the stakeholder becomes part of the story, they are more likely to act.
In this LEAD Preview course, you will:
- Learn how leaders use personal stories to build high-performing teams and companies.
- Watch video cases from successful global companies that will show you how to operationalize these insights in real life.
- Develop your own 6-word story, leveraging the behavioral research and the design thinking process to help you glean insights from users to define your signature story.
The full Innovation Playbook: Designing Stories for Impact course in the LEAD Certificate reveals how story is equally important for leaders, whose signature stories – both business and personal - impact recruiting, retention, and growth of the company and whether they themselves are productive, creative and in fact happy. This course is designed to give leaders the tools to highlight their own signature stories in a way that can provide value to their companies and in people's lives.
What to expect:
- Begin with a virtual live kickoff session hosted by LEAD Course Facilitator on July 13, 2017 at 8:00 AM Pacific Time
- Watch video lectures, study course materials, and complete an assignment
- Join a virtual live interactive session led by Professor Jennifer Aaker on July 24, 2017 at 12:45 PM Pacific Time
About the LEAD Certificate Program:
This Preview is exclusively from the Stanford LEAD Certificate in Corporate Innovation, an immersive online program taught by tenured GSB faculty. The program is designed to be completed in one year and comprises 8 courses, including 3 required foundation courses and 5 electives of your choice. Upon completion of all 8 courses, 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and a Stanford GSB Certificate are awarded.
- Learn at your own pace, on your own turf with video lectures, live virtual events, and assignments
- Build an exclusive network of professionals from around the globe who are committed to driving change in their organizations
- Exchange ideas and collaborate with renowned Stanford GSB faculty, thought leaders, and experienced peers through class-wide discussions, small team projects, and direct faculty feedback
Enrollment in the LEAD Certificate program is limited and tuition is $16,000. There is no fee to apply and no GMAT is required.