Designing Organizations for Creativity and Innovation
This course focuses on a framework for thinking about the organizational ecosystem, and how we can use a human-centered design process to effectively diagnose the roots of very common organizational problems (e.g., lack of coordination and trust between units, shortage of time for creative thinking, loss of top talent).
In this LEAD Preview course, you will
- Investigate facets of organizations that underpin an organization's culture, what a strong organizational culture really means, and how to build it
- Work with a partner to visually depict an organization's culture
- Compare and contrast the organizational cultures of two companies to gain insight into how an organizational culture can be built and maintained, and how organizational cultures function
The full Designing Organizations for Creativity and Innovation course in the LEAD Certificate studies the interplay among formal structure, routines, informal networks, and culture in shaping organizational performance, change, innovation, and employee engagement.
What to expect:
- Begin with a virtual live kickoff session hosted by LEAD Course Facilitator & MBA Alum, Jonathan Daves on March 29, 2017 at 8:00 AM Pacific Time
- Watch video lectures, study course materials, and complete a team assignment
- Join a virtual live interactive session led by Professor Sarah Soule on April 11, 2017 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time
About the LEAD Certificate Program:
This Preview is exclusively from the Stanford LEAD Certificate in Corporate Innovation, an immersive online program taught by tenured GSB faculty. The program is designed to be completed in one year and comprises 8 courses, including 3 required foundation courses and 5 electives of your choice. Upon completion of all 8 courses, 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and a Stanford GSB Certificate are awarded.
- Learn at your own pace, on your own turf with video lectures, live virtual events, and assignments
- Build an exclusive network of professionals from around the globe who are committed to driving change in their organizations
- Exchange ideas and collaborate with renowned Stanford GSB faculty, thought leaders, and experienced peers through class-wide discussions, small team projects, and direct faculty feedback
Enrollment in the LEAD Certificate program is limited and tuition is $16,000. There is no fee to apply and no GMAT is required.